• Mon - Sat 9.00 - 5.00. Sunday CLOSED
  • +92 (51) 4101823

Why Choose Australia

Australia has so much more to offer than just that! Many international students are choosing to study in Australia because of its friendly, laid back nature, excellent education system, and high standard of living.

Over 22,000 courses and 1,100 institutions Australia is the 3rd most popular international student destination in the world with 8 out of 100 top universities in the world are Australian.

Top Reason to Study in Australia

Education in Australia

Australian Education System

Australia offers a diverse range of study options for international students, with more than 1,200 institutions and over 22,000 courses to choose from. You can study at all levels of education from primary and secondary school, to vocational education and training (VET), from English language courses to higher education (including universities). And regardless of what you are studying or how long you are studying for, Australia’s laws promote quality education and protection for international students.

As an international student on a student visa, you must study with an institution and in a course that is registered on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS). CRICOS registration guarantees that the course and the institution at which you study meet the high standards expected by international students. You can search for courses and institutions here on the Study in Australia website.

Main University Qualifications

Undergraduate Courses

Degree Title Duration
Bachelor Degree(General) 3 years full time study
Bachelor Degree (Professional) 4 years full time study
Bachelor Degree + Honours 3 4 years full time + 1 additional year’s successful completion allows entry to a research Masters or Doctorate

Postgraduate Courses

Degree Title Duration
Masters Extended 3 4 years full time study
Masters by Coursework 1 2 years full time study
Masters by Research 1 2 years full time study
Doctoral Degree 3 5 years full time study
Doctoral Degree (Professional) 3 5 years full time study

Average Australian University Fees

The costs of studying in Australia depend on the institution and the level of study you choose.

As an international student, your tuition fees are payable before you study. You can use the Course Search on this website to find courses and see details such as their tuition fees. There may be additional costs for your course, including course materials and access to institution facilities. The list below gives you an indication of the range of course costs for different types of qualifications.

Living costs in Australia

Knowing the average living costs in Australia is an important part of your financial preparation. For your reference, here are some of the costs associated with living and studying in Australia. (All costs are in Australian dollars.)


Minimum Cost of Living

The Department of Immigration and Border Protection has financial requirements you must meet in order to receive a student visa. Below is a guide on the requirements you must meet to study in Australia:

Other living Expenses

Working in Australia as an international student

Working while you study in Australia can help complement your study and living experience. There are a number of reasons you might want to undertake part time work while studying in Australia, including assisting with living expenses and gaining work experience in your study area.

Most student visas allow you to work for up to 40 hours every two weeks while your course is in session, and unrestricted hours during any scheduled course break, but before you undertake any paid work you need to make sure your visa allows you to work. Find out more at the Department of Immigration and Border Protection(opens in a new window)

Paid Work

Australia has a wide range of industries and many have part time employment opportunities, including:


Paid or unpaid internships can be a great way to get exposure to the professional, financial and creative industries. Learn more about getting an internship on the Internships page in the Education System section of this website.


There are many charities and non government organisations (NGOs) in Australia and they always need volunteers to help out. It can be a great way to meet friends, get some hands on work experience and give back to the community. To find out more about volunteering, start your search at: http://www.govolunteer.com.au

Your Rights

Everyone working in Australia, including international students or those on working holiday visas, have basic rights at work. These rights protect entitlement to:

Most employers in Australia are covered by an ‘award’, which sets minimum wages and conditions for a given field of work or industry. To find out more about your work rights visit the Australian Government’s Fair Work(opens in a new window) website.

You will also need to get a tax file number to work in Australia. Visit the Australian Taxation Office(opens in a new window) website to find out more information on getting a tax file number, as well as information about paying taxes in Australia.

Finding Work

There are plenty of ways to find work that suits you, including:

University Intakes in Australia

Learn more about intake dates, application deadlines, student visas and English language requirements before applying to an Australian University or College.

Admission Requirements

Sajco Education provides free, independent, expert service for students willing to study in Austalia. We offer advice and counselling to help you choose the right course, at the right university, and are then responsible for guiding you through the entire application process, from making an application to accepting an offer of place. We also provide free assistance with practicalities including student accommodation and student visas.

Application Process

Once you’ve decided on a course and an institution, it’s time to apply for admission. The first step is to apply for the course you want. There are two ways to apply:

To apply direct, download the application form from the education provider’s website.If you are applying for courses at more than one institution, you will need to submit a separate application to each institution.

Sajco Education is working with most of the institutions . For further details please book your free consultation and Sajco endeavour to provide the answer of every question.

General Entry Requirements for Undergraduate Study

To apply for an undergraduate course at the University level in Austalia, you need to meet certain requirements these are known as the minimum eligibility criteria. Basically you need to:

General Entry Requirements for Postgraduate Study

Proof of English Proficiency

How to apply visa

How to Get an Australian Student Visa

In order to study in Australia, you will need to obtain an Australian student visa. You must be able to prove to the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) that you meet the following key Australian student visa requirements: Genuine Student Requirement, Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) requirement, financial requirements, English proficiency requirements, and health and character requirements. You’ll need to complete an Australian student visa application form, pay the visa application fee, and perhaps attend an interview. Read on for more detail on what all of this involves.

Student Visa Categories

In Australia there are various different types of student visas available depending on the course level, duration and other factors. Below are some of the popular ones.

Independent ELICOS Visa Subclass 570

This visa type is specifically designed for students intending to study ELICOS (English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students)

School Visa Subclass 570

The school visa subclass 571 is for education in primary, junior secondary or senior secondary school with an approved exchange programme.

Vocational Education and Training (VET) Subclass 572

This visa is appropriate for students intending to study for Certificates level, I, II, III and IV, diplomas and advance diplomas.

Higher Education Visa Subclass 573

This visa is appropriate if you are looking to studying for a Bachelor degree, Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma or Associate Degree.

Postgraduate Research Subclass 574

The post graduate subclass is for studies in Masters degrees and PhDs

Non Award Subclass 575

The non award visa class covers bridging or foundation courses which does not involve a qualification or award of any kind.

Streamlined Visa Processing Higher Education Sector Visa (Subclass 573)

Streamlined visa processing is designed for international students applying to study in Australia at a participating university or non university higher education provider. You may be eligible for streamlined visa processing if your main course of study is an Advanced Diploma (Higher Education), Bachelor degree or a Masters by coursework.

About this Visa

Streamlined visa processing for this visa is designed for international students applying to study in Australia at a participating university.

Streamlined visa processing means these applicants are treated as though they are lower migration risk (similar to the current Assessment Level 1) regardless of their country of origin.

See: Eligible Education Provider and Educational Business Partners

How the Visa Works

Before you apply for this visa, you must have applied for and been accepted to study full time at an educational institution in Australia. You must provide evidence of your Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) at the time that you lodge your application.

See: Eligible Education Provider and Educational Business Partners


This information is about the requirements that you and your dependent family members must meet for streamlined visa processing for a student visa.


Eligible Courses for Streamline Visa Process

The following higher education sector courses are eligible for streamlined visa processing:

The following higher education sector courses are not eligible for streamlined visa processing:

Maintenance Funds/ Proof of Finances

Students who fall into assessment level 1 will simply need to attest that they have enough money, while students at all other levels are required to prove that they have at least enough money to cover the first year of their stay. At present this is deemed to be

Accommodation fees paid to your institution in advance can be deducted from the total. If you are receiving full funding you simply need to provide proof of this.

Evidence of Sufficient Funds to cover tuition, travel and living costs. The Assessment Level of the student determines the level of funds required, who can provide these funds and how long the funds must be held. If you have dependents (such as a spouse and children), you will also need to show evidence of being able to cover living costs for them, regardless of whether they intend to travel to Australia or not.

Travel, Tuition and Living Expenses

The table below outlines the amounts in Australian dollars (AUD) that you need access to. These amounts are the minimum required for this visa. They do not necessarily represent the cost of living in Australia.


The department must be satisfied that an applicant, once in Australia, will have genuine access to the funds they claim to possess to cover the travel, tuition and living costs for themselves and their family members.

You must have enough money to pay for travel, tuition and living expenses for yourself, your partner and your dependent children for the duration of your stay in Australia.

You must:

Evidence of Maintenance Funds

The money to support you and your family members must come from one or more acceptable sources, which may include:

Note: An eligible family member includes:

English Language Skills for Student Visa

The table below outlines the English language skills you require and the evidence you must provide to be granted your first student visa or a subsequent student visa.

IELTS Requirement

You must provide test results of one of the following:

a) International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Certificate IELTS test score of:

Note: You can take the Academic or General IELTS test to meet English Language requirements for a student visa. However, please check with your Australian education provider about which test they require for your enrolment.


Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL iBT) Certificate

TOEFL iBT score of:

c) Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic Certificate

PTE Academic score of:

Cambridge English

Advanced (CAE) Certificate CAE test score of:

Occupational English Test (OET) Certificate

Further Requirements

Health Requirements

You must meet certain Health requirements. The health examinations you need will depend on your personal circumstances, including your period of stay, country of citizenship, time spent in another country during the last five years and your intended activities in Australia. The results of your health examinations are generally valid for 12 months.

This applies to you and any dependent family members included in your application.

You are able to Organise your Health examinations upfront before lodging your visa application. You should not undertake your health examination more than six months before your course starts.

Health Insurance

You must have health insurance while in Australia. Health insurance can be provided by obtaining Overseas Student Health Cover(OSHC) which provides medical and hospital insurance.

You can ask your education provider to organise OSHC for you, or you can select an approved OSHC provider yourself and pay the insurance.

OSHC is available for a period of up to five years. If your course exceeds five years in length, then OSHC providers may issue cover for a longer period.

Proof of insurance: When you lodge your application, you must provide a receipt or other proof of your OSHC payment. The OSHC should commence when you arrive in Australia.

Criminal Record Checks

You will also need to show that you don’t have a substantial criminal record, and your past and present conduct must not suggest you will engage in criminal activity or incite discord in Australia. You may need to acquire penal clearance or get a police statement for this purpose. You will also need to declare fidelity to Australian values by signing an Australian Values Statement.

See: Character and penal clearance requirements

Australian Values Statement

All visa applicants aged 18 years or over, must declare that they will respect Australian values and obey the laws of Australia. For applicants of this visa, the values statement is included in the general declaration section of the application form. By signing the form applicants will also be signing the Australian values statement. Applicants for this visa will not be required to have read the Life in Australia book, but may do so if they want.

Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) Test

In order to determine whether you are both a genuine student and a GTE, you may be asked to attend an interview at your nearest Australian embassy or consulate. Some applicants will only need to fill in a visa application form.

Students under 18 Years

Parental Permission

If you are under 18 years of age, your parents and/or anyone who can legally decide where you can live must give permission for you to study in Australia.

If any of these people cannot sign your student visa application on your behalf, they must sign one of the following:

Accommodation and Welfare Arrangements

Accommodation and welfare arrangements

If you are under 18 years of age, you must have acceptable arrangements for your accommodation, support and general welfare for the duration of your student visa or until you turn 18 (whichever happens first).

You must show that you will either:

Welfare Provided by a Parent or Legal Custodian

If your parent or legal custodian will be providing welfare for you during your stay in Australia this should be indicated on your application form.

You can arrange to bring a parent or legal custodian to Australia as your carer on a Student Guardian visa.

See: Bringing family

Welfare Provided by a Relative

If a relative will be providing welfare for you during your stay in Australia your parents and/or legal custodians will need to give their permission for this arrangement on your application form and your relative must be nominated.

See: Form 157N Nomination of a Student Guardian (171KB PDF)

Your nominated relative must be one of the following:

They must also:

Australian Student Visa Documents

The DIAC website has a document checklist feature that will provide you with a list of documents required for your specific type of student visa. You simply need to select the type of visa you are requesting, and either indicate that you are eligible to apply for streamlined visa processing or select your appropriate Assessment Level. Then select ‘View Checklist’ to open a PDF document with all the necessary documents you need to provide. Typically, students must submit the following:

Visa Fees and Charges

The cost of visas changes from time to time. The cost of your visa is dependant on the date we received your application. If there is a price increase between the date you lodge your application and the date we receive your application, you will need to pay the new application charge. To calculate the price of your visa visit DIBP website.

Visa Processing Times

Visa processing times will vary depending on your Assessment Level and the type of visa you are applying for. Allow up to four weeks, with online applications usually being considerably quicker. Your student visa will last for the duration of your studies, including holiday periods, and will also allow you some time to remain in Australia at the end of your course, in order to prepare for departure. Under some circumstances, it may be possible to apply for a further visa at the end of your course (consult the DIAC website for more details).

Arrival & Student Visa Obligations

You can arrive in Australia on your student visa up to 90 days before your course starts. Within seven days of arrival, you must inform your education provider of your resident address.

While in possession of a student visa, you have certain obligations to fulfil: you must remain enrolled in a CRICOS registered course, attend classes regularly, make satisfactory course progress and maintain OSHC health insurance. There are also certain visa conditions you and your dependents must comply with; breaching a visa condition may result in the cancellation of your visa.